Shadowlawn

Shadowlawn

906 Main Street Franklin, LA 70538

This striking Greek temple was built chiefly of northern pine circa 1850 by Siemeon Smith. The rear of his home was attached to a smaller 1807 Greek Revival building, which was originally a tavern operated by Barnet Hulick. Shadowlawn remained in the Smith-Berwick-Snowden family for a century and a half. The home was meticulously restored by the late Dr. Mildred Christian, and in 2011 it was donated to the St. Mary Landmarks Society by Dr. Alan Hoberman. View a St. Mary Cannoneers Flag along with othe historic confederate items on display. 

Hours: 
By appointment. Admission: $10 adults; $8 Senior Citizens & Students 13-18; $5 Children 12 & under; Groups of 20 or more: $8 per person. Handicap accessible.
Phone: 
(337) 828-2092
Tour Bus Friendly: 
Yes